Our List of Fun Things to Do for Family, Thrill Seekers, Romance and More
The list of fun things to do at MyFun is so extensive that we can offer fun options to suit families, thrill seekers and romantics across Australia!
- Visiting the zoo has always been a great way to spend the day with the family. WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo offers wonderful animal adventures for families, featuring some of Australia’s cuddliest and scariest creatures. At Adelaide Zoo, families can see over 1,800 animals and almost 300 species of exotic and native animals - including Wang Wang and Funi, the only two Pandas in the Southern Hemisphere!
- Phillip Island Nature Park is a great day out offering natural beauty, loads of wildlife and fun things to do for families. Don’t miss the Penguin Parade and the Koala Conservation Centre for an unforgettable experience.
- Darwin‘s Crocosaurus Cove is another awesome place for families to visit. You can watch feeding time, hold a baby crocodile or swim with the crocodiles. Those brave enough can enter the Cage of Death to get face-to-face with some of the largest saltwater crocodiles in Australia!
- Ring the bells in Perth for a unique musical experience. The Bell Tower is one of the largest musical instruments on earth! There are also many other fun things to do – you can marvel at its unique design, observe the bell ringers in action, and take in the amazing 360-degree views from the Observation Deck.
- In Canberra, buy a 3infun ticket to visit three great attractions. Ride the miniature steam train past the tiny buildings made of plants at Cockington Gardens, take a tour with a professional athlete at the Australian Institute of Sport, and be amazed and entertained by 200 quirky interactive exhibits at Questacon science centre.
- If you are looking for fun things to do outdoors together, a kayak adventure at the beautiful Freycinet Peninsula in Tasmania is a wonderful experience for all ages. Paddle past majestic mountains and sandy beaches on pristine clear waters.
For those looking for loud, fast thrills and adventure we have plenty of choices for you too!
- Ever wanted to drive a jet airliner? With high definition simulator technology, you’ll be in control of taking off, flying and landing a Boeing 737. You can spend as much as 90 minutes in the cockpit. Choose from a range of options available at MyFun.
- Race your mates at Sydney’s Fastlane Karting track or jumping in the driver’s seat of a real V8 racing car! Put the pedal to the metal for 6 sweet laps around a championship race track at around 200kph. V8 Race is available in Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia, Northern Territory and South Australia.
- For more high-speed thrills Jetboat Extreme will give you a real adrenaline hit. Experience speeds of up to 80 kph, 360-degree spins, fish tails and wild wave riding. For locations visit MyFun.
- For those who love getting kitted up in combat gear, paint ball is one of the most action-packed things to do with your mates. A range of great paintball venues across Australia offer combat settings, from realistic trenches and battlefields to urban warfare.
You can search for a paintball experience near you on the MyFun website.
Treat that special someone in your life to an unforgettable experience. Here are just a few of the romantic adventures you can have together!
- For an amazing aerial experience take a scenic helicopter ride and experience views of some great locations in Australia. Heli Experiences offers joy flights in several locations. For further details visit MyFun.
- Fly up and away in a hot air balloon! Sunrise flights can take you both high above a range of stunning locations including the Camden Valley, Hunter Valley, the Gold Coast, and more. Finish with a gourmet a la carte breakfast and champagne celebration.
- Take your partner on an awe-inspiring outback experience like no other, flying over the red centre of Australia to view iconic places including Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Lake Amadeus and Kings Canyon. You can also take a romantic paddle together in gorgeous natural surroundings in a double kayak.
- For a truly unforgettable experience, take your loved one on a sunrise walk above the rainforest. Located only a few hours from Sydney and Canberra, the Illawarra Fly sits 50 metres above the rainforest canopy where you can take in breathtaking vistas. Follow with a relaxing hot buffet breakfast for a perfect couple’s experience.
There are so many more exciting and unique fun things to do that we can’t list them all! We invite you to explore MyFun yourself to find the perfect experience for you.
Best Things to Do In Queensland All Year Round
There are more fun things to do in Queensland all year round than you can poke a stick at! So we’ve selected 10 of the best options that the whole family can enjoy.
1. Go Snorkelling
One of the most magical Queensland experiences for the whole family has got to be visiting and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef! Ocean Safari operates half day eco tours to the reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. With intimate groups of 25 passengers you and your family can experience some of Australia’s most amazing natural wonders, from pristine reefs and extraordinary marine life, to untouched rainforest. Special 2-trip packages are also available through MyFun.
2. Visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
When it comes to things to do in Queensland, the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has been a family winner for a long time. Have an awesome time feeding the friendly kangaroos and wild lorikeets and checking out the amazing Australian wildlife including cuddly koalas, Tasmanian devils, wombats, crocodiles, bilbies and more. The park also features an Aboriginal Dance Show, miniature train rides, Wild Island playground and Currumbin Wildlife Hospital. Or you can catch a wildlife presentation such as the new Australiana Show or go on a one hour Segway Safari through the lush coastal forest.
3. Visit Aussie World
Aussie World has a great variety of rides and attractions to suit the entire family. From water rides like Plunge and Leak'n Logs as well as the Wild Mouse Rollercoaster, dodgems, mini golf and a Ferris wheel, this is a great fun park with plenty of options including great rides for little kids too. Aussie World is conveniently located next door to the iconic Ettamogah Pub on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
4. Go Kayaking
Another fun thing to do with the family is kayaking. Paddle out for the day with Australian Kayaking Adventures on the Gold Coast’s gorgeous Broadwater where you might see Dolphins, Turtles, Stingrays and sub-tropical fish. Experienced staff provide instructions, kayaks, snorkelling gear and safety equipment.
5. Visit the Theme Parks
Another one of the best Queensland activities is a day out at a theme park – the question though, is which one? Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild on the Gold Coast are all great options, but there are also a range of theme park pass options that allow entry to all of them! For example, a VIP Pass gives unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World and Wet‘n’Wild Gold Coast until 30th June 2014. For other great pass options visit MyFun.
6. Play a Game of Mini Golf
A game of mini golf at The Boulders and Badlands, located at Parkwood International golf course is another fun option for things to do in Queensland. Open from dawn to dusk, and designed with all player levels in mind, the course is suitable for all ages and makes for a fun day out for the whole family. For more serious golfers there is also an undercover driving range where you can practise your swing as well as Parkwood International’s 18-hole championship course.
7. Visit Paradise Country
Go together on an Australian farm adventure to Paradise Country. Kids can learn about Australian native animals and help feed the farm animals. The park provides a variety of great shows to entertain all ages. Visitors will learn about traditional bush culture and experience what it’s like to be a real opal miner.
8. Experience Infinity
Take the family on the ultimate sensory experience through a futuristic maze! Infinity, located on the Gold Coast, is one of the most awesome things to do in Queensland. With 20 unique sensory environments families will love journeying together through the Time Tunnel to cool virtual-reality environments. The incredible Infinity journey takes around 40 minutes and is suitable for ages 8 and up.
9. Learn to Surf
Take surfing lessons with Go Ride A Wave at Noosa, Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach. With 26 years’ experience their qualified instructors can teach you helpful tips, provide you with all the right equipment and encourage you to get out there and have a go. Surf lessons go for 2 hours and include safety information as well as instructions to suit your skill level.
10. Visit the Australian Outback Spectacular
Last but not least on our list of things to do in Queensland is enjoying a great night out with the family at the Australian Outback Spectacular. The current show ‘Spirit of the Horse’, celebrates the story of the legendary racehorse, Phar Lap. Amazing special effects, talented stockhorses and riders, accompanied by music from some of Australia’s most celebrated musicians and performed by a 52-piece orchestra makes for a performance that is truly spectacular. Tickets include a gourmet Aussie BBQ dinner with drinks.
To find out more about any of the attractions and places listed in this article visit MyFun.
One of a Kind Things to Do in Sydney for Locals and Visitors
When it comes to things to do in Sydney, there is an overwhelming array of options available to choose from, for locals and visitors alike. We’ve selected a few of the most exciting, unique and thrilling options to make the choice easier for you!
Thrill seekers are spoilt for choice for things to do in Sydney!
Thrill seekers are spoilt for choice for things to do in Sydney! Experience the ride of your life with the loud and fast action of driving a real V8 racing car. Receive in-car coaching on how to drive like a pro for 6 sensational laps at speeds around 200kph or indulge your inner speed-freak with 3 hot laps.
Perhaps you’d prefer to fly a commercial jet airliner. Using flight simulator technology you can pilot a Boeing 737 on a 30 minute scenic flight, 45 minute city circuit, 1 hour circuit, or a 90 minute ultimate flyer challenge!
If you’d rather let someone else do the driving, you can take a high speed jet boat ride on Thunder Jet boat. Hold on tight as daredevil drivers fishtail you at full throttle around Sydney Harbour!
Visit MyFun for great ticketing options and deals on adrenaline-packed options for things to do in Sydney.
There are also many unique activities that involve getting up close and personal with the local wildlife.
There are also many unique activities that involve getting up close and personal with the local wildlife. A must-experience for families is going whale watching. A three hour cruise in comfort and style aboard the Ocean Dreaming II takes families right up close to see those amazing giants of the deep in their natural environment.
Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary is another one of the many fun things to do in Sydney. Get your hands wet in the aquarium touch pool, visit a colony of endangered Little Penguins and learn about the diverse marine life of Sydney Harbour. For a thrilling scuba experience visitors can dive with massive, endangered Grey Nurse Sharks too!
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is another exciting option with the world’s largest collection of Australian aquatic life. You’ll encounter dugongs, giant stingrays, turtles, platypuses and a stunning array of tropical fish from the underwater viewing tunnels. Learn about endangered animals and see amazing specimens like the wobbegong or estuarine stonefish.
To catch a glimpse of stunning natural attractions one of the best things to do in Sydney is to take a scenic tour.
To catch a glimpse of stunning natural attractions one of the best things to do in Sydney is to take a scenic tour. AAT Kings operates a range of tours operated by experienced and knowledgeable staff. Options include a City Sights and Harbour Lunch Cruise, Discover Sydney tour, Manly Sights and Northern Beaches tour, or a Sydney Sights and Bondi Beach tour.
The Sydney Tower Eye offers panoramic views of Sydney from the beach to the mountains. Residents and visitors to Sydney alike will be in awe of the 360-degree views from the observation deck. When you see the view you’ll understand why Sydney Tower Eye is a must on our things to do in Sydney list!
A less formal way to take in the sights is the Sydney Harbour Eco Hopper. A 24-hour pass allows you to choose to hop on and off from 7 great destinations on the harbour or you can take a 2-hour round trip to all the sights – it’s up to you!
Another unique way to take in the stunning scenery of Sydney Harbour is by sea kayak. Options include a 4-hour guided tour paddling along Sydney’s beautiful eastern coast to the harbour, taking in gorgeous beaches, cliffs and national parks as well as views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
Sydney now has its own Madame Tussauds interactive wax museum. Marvel at over 70 life-like figures of Australian icons, sporting legends, world leaders, and Hollywood stars (Barack Obama, Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga to name a few!). For an Australian touch get up close and personal with Ned Kelly or Captain Cook or learn about Aboriginal land rights alongside Eddie Mabo.
Sydney now has its own Madame Tussauds interactive wax museum. Marvel at over 70 life-like figures of Australian icons, sporting legends, world leaders, and Hollywood stars (Barack Obama, Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga to name a few!). For an Australian touch get up close and personal with Ned Kelly or Captain Cook or learn about Aboriginal land rights alongside Eddie Mabo. A hands-on cooking class is another of the many fun things to do in Sydney. In Let’s Cook! courses participants create gourmet food with demonstrations and guidance from professional chefs. Courses on offer include Delicious Desserts, Perfect Pasta, Super Sri Lankan and Terrific Thai.
History buffs can experience Sydney Harbour as first settlers saw it, from the decks of a timber tall ship. Pitch in to hoist the sails and steer the ship, or simply relax and take in the spectacular harbour views. If you wish, you can discover a more sinister side to the quaint cobblestoned streets of Sydney’s Rocks district on a ghost tour. Taking in locations renowned for strange phenomena and unusual encounters, you may even encounter something yourself!
These are just a few of the many exciting things to do in Sydney. To discover even more exciting options visit MyFun!
Fun Christmas Gift Ideas for the Whole Family
The best Christmas gift ideas are always the ones that everyone can enjoy together as a family. A MyFun Gift Card is a great choice, and it’s easy to purchase online - saving you valuable time!
A MyFun gift card is a great gift choice because it allows the holder to purchase tickets to a huge variety of attractions and experiences throughout Australia including zoos, cinemas, theme parks, adrenaline-packed adventures, tours and more. Gift cards are valid for 12 months, are accepted nationally and can be ordered easily online.
When you receive a MyFun gift card you can browse the user-friendly MyFun site to redeem your vouchers online and find the ultimate fun experience for you and your family!
Here are three fun Christmas gift ideas available through MyFun to get you inspired.
1. Theme Park Passes
A multi-park theme park pass is an excellent gift idea that’s sure to please everyone. The whole family will have a ball visiting the excellent theme parks located on the Gold Coast, including Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild. Kids (and adults!) will not want to miss seeing Sea World’s newest addition, Henry the polar bear cub, and will have a blast riding the awesome new Storm Coaster opening in December 2013.
VIP Passes are also great Christmas gift ideas, entitling the holder to unlimited entry to all three of the great theme parks mentioned above for only $99.99 (valid until 30th June 2014). Other pass options include the Super Pass (28 days of unlimited entry to the 3 parks) and the Ultimate Theme Parks Pass (21 days of unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country, plus 1 ticket per pass to see the Australian Outback Spectacular).
2. Helicopter Joy Ride
One of the best and most thrilling gift ideas is a helicopter ride. Treat your family members to an experience they will not forget. Heli Experiences operates out of Sydney Domestic Airport, Archerfield Airport in Brisbane, Essendon Airport in Melbourne and from its custom-built heliport on Kangaroo Island. Experience the sensational thrill and awe-inspiring views of flying above any of these great destinations by helicopter in air conditioned comfort. You can purchase a single seat or more and are guaranteed a bird’s eye view.
3. Movie Passes
What about a movie pass so that you and your loved ones can enjoy seeing films together? MyFun customers can access awesome movie deals at Village, Event and Birch Carroll & Coyle cinemas across Australia. Whether you enjoy action, comedy, adventure or romance, all tastes are covered!
To enjoy a cinematic experience with the family you can buy a Family bundle, which includes vouchers for two adults and two children. Other Christmas gift ideas are a Child's bundle, which includes vouchers for four children, or a Couples bundle of four Adult vouchers (two double passes).
Redeeming the vouchers is as simple as going to http://www.myfunmovietickets.com.au/ and entering the barcode when prompted. You receive your vouchers by email and can print them off to take to the cinema – easy!
These are just a few of the fun gift ideas you can purchase for your family or friends this Christmas. To browse through more great options visit MyFun.