Terms & Conditions
ThemeParks.com.au is owned and operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623), ("VRTP").
This document contains the terms and conditions governing your use of this website and any order or purchase of a product, ticket or booking ("Product") made via this website ("Terms and Conditions"). By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Who may use this site
Children under the age of 16 may not purchase any Product on this website. If you are under the age of 16 and would like to purchase a Product from this website, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
Access and Use
You must not use this website in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
VRTP, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse any order you place to purchase a Product, competition entry or booking or to deny access to this website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms and Conditions or any law.
The availability of rides, shows and attractions shown or referred to on this website is subject to change, delay, cancellation or closure due to inclement weather, preventative maintenance, refurbishment or other operational requirements.
Competitions may be subject to individual terms and conditions available at the time of entry.
Employees of VRTP and its related bodies corporate, including immediate family members, may become members of ThemeParks.com.au but cannot enter any competitions promoted on the ThemeParks.com.au website.
The information on this website is only intended to be of a general nature and may change at any time without notice - detailed particulars can be obtained by contacting the relevant theme park directly or by telephoning 133 386.
. By using this website, you consent to VRTP retaining and using your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
Product Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you view the relevant terms and conditions for purchase and use of any Product before selecting these products for purchase. All tickets purchased online are non-refundable and not exchangeable (unless required by law). All tickets purchased through themeparks.com.au are not for resale.
View full Terms and Conditions of Online Purchase
Tickets can only be purchased through this web site by using a credit card. Your credit card will be debited at the time of ordering. Ticket prices are inclusive of GST.
The VRTP ticketing module uses state of the art encryption technology for transferring credit card data. The encryption technology used for this transfer is of the same calibre as the Australian Bank clearing system. In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please immediately notify us by email and contact your bank through your usual communication method.
Limitation of Liability
Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms and Conditions by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which may be conferred by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, VRTP's liability for a breach of a non excludable condition or warranty is limited, at VRTP's option, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity & Release
You agree to indemnify VRTP for any loss or damage that it may suffer or for any costs it may incur in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You further agree to release VRTP from any claim, loss or damage incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this website, such as graphics, logos, information, text, video clips, material, software or advertisements ("Content") is owned by VRTP unless stated otherwise and protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law.
Without the express permission of VRTP, the Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided on this website.
You may, however, download, store in cache, display, print and copy material in a complete and unaltered form for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you:
- keep intact all copyright and trademark notices (set out below); &
- do not use the material in any manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands.
Provided the above conditions are followed, you may use the material on this website for the purposes of research or study, provided your use is fair. It is deemed fair to reproduce no more than 10% of the number of words on this website and to only use the material for class use or assessment.
View the Trademarks and Copyright
page for more information.
VRTP may vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting. By continuing to use this website following a variation of the terms and conditions, you consent to be bound by the varied terms and conditions.
Third Party Links
This website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to web sites operated by third parties ("Hyperlinked Websites"). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, those websites are not controlled by VRTP. By using those links, you acknowledge and agree that:
- VRTP is not responsible for the contents of any Hyperlinked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Hyperlinked Website.
- VRTP provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Hyperlinked Website by VRTP, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, corporate partners or licensors.
- You access such Hyperlinked Websites entirely at your own risk.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. By using this site, you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.
VIP FY14 - Polar Bear Cub Experience
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The special viewings will commence before park opening on designated days.
- After your first visit to Movie World, Sea World or Wet’n’Wild your VIP Pass will be activated and you will be sent an email advising of how to reserve your place at one of these viewings.
- Please ensure the correct email address is given at time of purchase so you receive this invitation. If you are an existing new VIP Pass holder and have not registered your email address, call 13 33 86 to register your details.
- If you do not hear from us after you’ve visited your first theme park please contact us on 13 33 86.
- Your viewing experience will be approximately 45 mins.
- Viewing of the Polar bear cub is not guaranteed as Sea World allows the animals freedom to move between exhibit and back of house as they choose.
- Availability is limited and bookings are essential.
- VIP Pass does not guarantee entry to this experience. You must pre-book at ThemeParks.com.au or 133FUN and present the valid ticket you will be issued to gain entry.
SWRRFI - Friend of the Foundation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Associate members are entitled to attend General Meetings, however do not have the right to vote.
- Associate membership is valid for 1 year from date of payment.
- Neither membership nor entry into a membership draw is tax deductible.
- This draw is being conducted by and for the benefit of the Sea World Research & Rescue Foundation Incorporated ABN 46053146491 (SWRRFI)
- Spring draw closes 4:00pm EST Friday 29th of November, 2013.
- Prizes will be drawn on Wednesday, 4th December 2013 at Sea World Theme Park, Sea World Drive, Main Beach Queensland 4217
- Winners will be notified by telephone and email within 7 days of the draw and published on the SWRRFI website seaworld.com.au/research-and-rescue
- Annual Friend of the Foundation Membership [formally knows an Associate Members under the SWRRFI Constitution] is worth $10 and includes entry into the appropriate quarterly draw provided criteria 21-23 of the terms and conditions are satisfied
- Prizes do not include meals [unless otherwise stated], transport or spending money nor insurance
- Prize vouchers and booking instructions will be sent via registered post to the winners
- Prize includes Three nights at Sea World Resort & Water Park including buffet breakfast ($877), Seal Aqua Adventure ($259.98) and dinner show at Australian Outback Spectacular ($179.98) all for two people valued at $1316
- Bookings for accommodation are to be made by contacting Sea World Resort & Water Park on 13 33 86 within 3 months after the prize draw
- The prize components are subject to availability at time of booking and if any are not available on the dates proposed by the winner the parties will agree alternative mutually acceptable dates for booking
- In the event that any part of any Prize is not available for any reason SWRRFI will in its absolute discretion substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- SWRRFI shall maintain a list of the membership numbers allocated to each entrant
- If a prize is unclaimed on year after the initial draw it shall be redrawn
- If a prize is unclaimed after a redraw the prize or its sale proceeds to the foundation
- SWRRFI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- SWRRFI is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost or misdirected draw entries
- SWRRFI and its officers and employees and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this draw or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)
- Purchases over the phone will receive electronic ticket via email
- Entry into the draw requires full name, address, email address and contact phone number of each entrant to be provided prior to inclusion in draw
- Participation in this draw is open to Australian and overseas residents
- If a winner is less than eighteen (18) years of age, then at SWRRFI’s discretion, SWRRFI may require the winner to be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent (Guardian), in which case SWRRFI may award the prize to the winner’s Guardian on behalf of the winner
- Village Roadshow Theme Park staff are eligible to enter the draw so long as they are not engaged in conducting the draw
Doctor Who Pop Up TARDIS Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Promoter The Promoter is Roadshow Entertainment, a division of Roadshow Films Pty Ltd (ACN 100 746 870) (“Roadshow”), Level 1, 1 Garden Street, South Yarra, VIC, 3141, Australia (“the Promoter”).
- Who may enter The only persons who may enter and be awarded prizes are: (a) Residents of Australia; (b) Aged 13 years and over. Entrants under 18 years old must have permission from their parent/guardian and that person must have read and understood these terms and conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter a further agreement as evidence of consent to the entry into this promotion; and (c) who are not employees or immediate family members of the Promoter or its retailers, suppliers, advertising agencies and associated companies. “Immediate family” means spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
- How to Enter The entrant must take and upload a photograph to the Doctor Who Win Tab at www.facebook.com/GCthemeparks along with their details. The photograph must show the entrant with their pop-out TARDIS in Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World or Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast. The top ten most creative photos, as decided by judges, will be posted on ThemeParks.com.au Facebook page. To be a valid entry, the photograph must show the pop-out TARDIS and appear to be taken in Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World or Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast. The photograph must be the work of the entrant. All valid entries received the closing date will be reviewed by the judging panel.
- Competition Period The competition commences at 12.01 a.m. (Sydney time) on Saturday, 7 December 2013 and closes at 12.00 a.m. (Sydney time) on Sunday 22nd December 2013.
- Selection of winners Entries will be judged based on creativity on Monday 6 January 2014 and winners will be contacted after Tuesday 7 January 2014. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creativity, uniqueness and how good the photograph is. There is no limit to the number of times you can enter but each entry must be unique. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the responsibility of the entrant and is dependent upon the entrants chosen internet service provider. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes The best 10 entries will receive win one of ten prize packs, which contains: (a) One JB Hi-Fi Gift Card to the value of $100 (b) One Doctor Who The Complete Seventh Series DVD ($79.95). Each pack is valued at $179.95 each. If the winner of a prize is under 18, the prize will be awarded to that person’s parent or guardian. Total number of prizes is 10 with a total prize value of $1799.50. If the Promoter is unable to supply the nominated prizes, it reserves the right to supply substitute prizes of greater or equal value. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or be redeemed for cash.
- Notification of winners The winning entrants will be notified via the contact details provided on the Doctor Who Win Tab at www.facebook.com/GCthemeparks. The winners once contacted must confirm their name and address within 10 business days of being notified. The Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes that are lost, damaged or delayed in transit. In the event that any prize winner is un-contactable or if the prize is not claimed by 31 January, 2014 the judges may select alternate prize winners to receive the prize.
- Entries All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entries not completed in accordance with the conditions of entry or received after the closing date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be disregarded. No responsibility is taken for late or misdirected email. Entrants warrant that their entry does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party and the entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter and its associated agencies against any loss, costs, expenses or liability that the Promoter and its associated agencies may suffer arising out of a breach by the entrant of any third party intellectual property right. The Promoter reserves the right to request prize winners to provide proof of identity and/or proof of residence for the verification of any prize winner. Where a prize winner cannot provide adequate proof of identity, determined in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, that prize winner may forfeit the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses to registering multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Publication of names Entrants agree to, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any promotional activity (such as being profiled as a winner on Facebook, photographed, filmed, voice recording, etc.) surrounding this Promotion or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree this participation will be free of charge. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its associated agencies using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
- Privacy The personal information collected as part of the entry is collected to enable identification of the winner and for marketing and promotional purposes. In addition to any required disclosures referred to in Clause 9 above, the entrant’s personal information will be disclosed to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate for these purposes only. Entrants can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer for more details about the personal information that the Promoter may collect and hold. Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are: Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Email: email@example.com
- Conduct of competition If for any reason the competition does not run for its duration due to a computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or has engaged in conduct to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any: (a) malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any communication network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website; (b) failure of any SMS, email or entry to be received by the Promoter; nor (c) any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or downloading any materials in a competition.
- Limitation of liability The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its employees and agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
- Printing errors All valid prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Printing or other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
- Conditions of Entry By entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The instructions on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry and to disqualify any entrant who it reasonably believes has tampered with the entry or submitted an entry that breaches these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act Cth (2010), or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion. To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. All entrants participating in the promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the promoter in writing. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way.